* * * *
INTERNET (MAILING) LISTS
- Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
- Contains general, health, industry expansion, marketing, nutrition, research, utilization, and related links.
- BC Hog Production
- Lots of information about BC hog production
- Information about the Berkshire breed.
- Canada Pork International
- Canadian Centre For Swine Improvement
- Includes: National Swine Health Information Plan N-SHIP.
CCSI's 1996 Annual Report . National Swine Improvement Federation Conference NSIF
and Ontario Carcass Symposium.
- Canadian Center For Swine Improvement
- Pigs On The Web
Pig query allows you to input a pig tattoo to be searched in the swine data base.
- Canadian Livestock Records Corporation
- Contains breed pages links, and contact information.
- Canadian Pork Council
- Contains information about CPC, issues, codes of practice and related
- Maintained by the Canadian Swine Breeders Association (CSBA)
- Centre de développement du porc du Québec inc (CDPQ).
- Canadian Swine Exporters Association
- Canadian Swine Exporters Association is a National Association representing
the Canadian swine Industry and our members are responsible for 90% of the
export sales internationally from Canada.
- FAOSTAT is an on-line and multilingual database currently containing over 1 million
time-series records covering international statistics
- Feeding Replacement Gilts
- Ecological Agriculture Projects (EAP)
- The thousands of documents on the site represent a small subset of EAP's
collection of information supporting the transition of Canadian farmers to
more sustainable practices.
- Kansas Swine Growers Association
- Live hog futures and options and pork belly futures and options - Alberta
- K-State Livestock & Meat Marketing
- The web site's purpose is to provide marketing information and applied research results to livestock
industry participants on a wide range of topics
- Market Information
- Manitoba Pork
- Provincial association of hog producers. For over 30 years we have served
hog producers and worked closely with industry partners and governments to
build a prosperous pork industry.
- A Canadian Web Site Dedicated to Manure Management
- Manure Systems @ the University
- National Pork Producers Council
Swine Improvement Federation - Publications
- North Carolina Hog Information Links
- Links to educational information pertaining to
waste/nutrient management, marketing, diseases, nutrition, 4-H and youth
activities and much more!
Ontario Farm Management Analysis Project Swine Farm Results
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA)
- OMAFRA Pork News and Views
- Ontario Pork
- Ontario Swine Improvement Inc.
- An Information Centre for OSI Clients and Industry Contacts.
- Pig Health
- Site by Pig Disease Information Centre about Pig Health - Welfare - Food Safety
- Pig Pens
- Pig Pens has become the Boss Hawg of swine research publications. This industry-sponsored
newsletter reports on the U of G/OMAFRA swine research program
- Pork recipes
- Prairie Hog Report
- Prairie Swine Centre's (PSCI) Home Page
- Prince Edward Island Pork Production
- Quebec Swine Improvement Center, (CDPQ)
- Saskatchewan-based Pork marketing - on an International scale - SPI
- Contains a buyers corner, Nutritional information, recipes, coming events,
industry information, contact information. Also includes information on
markets, forward pricing, clasified ads, and a lighter side.
- Swine and Pig Internet Resources
- Swine Nutrition and Odor Management
- Swine Production Technologies:
- The Value of All-in/All-out and Early Weaning
- The Canadian Swine Network
- The Pig Page
- An Australian web site for those interested in the swine industry.
- The PRRS Page
- USDA Hog Reports
- Detailed analysis and data on the hog sector, focusing on current production, slaughter,
price, and trade statistics.
- Western Swine Testing Assoc.
- Offers technician service or owner tester programs for commercial or seedstock swine operations, carcass
evaluation programs and genetic evaluations.
- Wild Boar Marketing Group of Manitoba
- Marketing site of Manitoba wild boar including information on wild boar
meat and business opportunities
Farm & Country Ontario's Commercial Farmer Trade Journal
Ready for a swine time online? Oink on over to the pigsters at KPIG Radio Online who will have you squealing in delight.
Internet Mailing Lists are a convenient method for people on different computer systems to discuss particular topics or share information concerning specific issues. A mailing list might consist of a few as two people, or it might contain several thousands.
With thousands of different mailing lists on the Internet, you can choose to join any particular one that interests you, as long as it is a public, or open, list. Once you have joined, you will receive any message sent to the list.
Several listservs are available to those interested in hog production and management.
- A public list and discussion group about pigs. Many of the Subscribers on this list are
from Ontario, including several University of Guelph faculty members.
To subscribe, send a e-mail message to "LISTSERV@IST01.FERRIS.EDU". In the
body of the message, type "SUBSCRIBE PIGFARM" followed by your name. (e.g.
SUBSCRIBE PIGFARM Jane Q. User)
- Designed for swine practitioners, but open to anyone, this listserv is managed by the
American Association of Swine Practitioners (AASP) through the University of Minnesota
To subscribe, send an e-mail message to LISTSERV@VM1.SPCS.UMN.EDU. In the body of the message, type "SUBSCRIBE SWINE-L [your name].
- Designed to provide information on aspects of pork production. Mail the phrase "information ca-hogs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to home page
Farm & Country, Agsites
We try to avoid errors and including or linking to content that is inaccurate, offensive or otherwise inappropriate. We make no claims for the accuracy or fitness of content provided by others or maintained on other sites. Please call our attention to errors, omissions or inappropriate content or links.
* * *
Web site by SLW Designs. Contents copyright 1999 Agriculture Publishing Company Limited.
Webmaster Robert Irwin. Internet service through IGS Hawkesbury.
Updated: June 3, 1999